I’m Tired Of Living In A Motorhome!

2:49 AM

For almost 2 years I've been talking about how much I love living in a motorhome. I've written about how much I love all of the places we've traveled to, how we've made great RVing friends, that we're more active than ever, and that our dogs are happy too.

Are you thinking of living in a motorhome? Before you make the decision to start RV camping, you must read my reasons for why I'm tired of living in an RV.Well, that's all recently changed.

After nearly two years of listening to people tell me that I'm crazy for living in a motorhome, I began to reevaluate my living choices and realized that I must be crazy.

I mean, why would someone choose to live in a motorhome instead of a REAL home?

I miss my old house. My ranch style home was filled with rooms I rarely ever went into, and I loved that.

I also miss yard work, getting junk mail, all of the stuff I never used or needed, and more.

If you're thinking about living in a motorhome, I want you to stop and read this blog post before making a drastic decision that could possibly impact the rest of your life.

Here's why I dislike living in a motorhome.

 

The indoors are better than the outdoors.

Back when I had a real house, I hardly ever went outside or went on hikes. Now that we live in a motorhome, we have to go outside everyday. Who wants to go outdoors anyways?

The outdoors are strange anyways- mountains, beaches, beautiful lakes and oceans, forests, deserts, and more.

Who needs all of that?

 

We miss mowing the lawn.

Okay, I won't lie, I never mowed the lawn. But, I'm sure Wes misses it.

However, I do miss all of the other yard work, such as the infinite amount of leaves that seemed to accumulate in both our front and back yard multiple times a year.

It always felt so great raking the leaves. I especially loved it when you woke up the next morning only to find there would be just as many leaves in the yard again.

It was a really fulfilling feeling.

 

I'm tired of perfect weather.

Living in a motorhome means we could follow the weather and perpetually live in 70 degree weather if we wanted to. BUT, who would want that?

I miss wearing coats and being cold.

I mean, going on a hike and summiting a mountain in the summer is cool, but I'm over that.

 

Our dogs are too active.

Sadly, there are some who don’t think we’re treating our dogs well because they live in an RV. I’m really not sure how this is any different from someone who keeps their dog in a house or an apartment. Our dogs can still sleep in multiple places, they can stretch their legs, eat and drink, and more.

But, maybe everyone is right?

After all, our dogs are more active now than when we lived in a house. So, maybe they are too active now?!

That’s probably because I take them for hikes every single day. Our bigger dog walks around 5 miles a day.

Perhaps that's too much exploring for one dog?

 

We miss getting mail delivered to our mailbox.

The most popular question (seriously!) is what we do in order to have our mail delivered. Many people just think we don't get mail and ask us how we survive without ever getting a piece of mail.

Well, I don't know how we're surviving.

We belong to a mail forwarding company called My Dakota Address. All of our mail gets sent there, and then this company forwards our mail to wherever we are.

BUT, I miss getting mail sent directly to me.

This is a big reason for why I'm tired of living in a motorhome, as I would much rather get my mail in my own mailbox instead of someone nicely putting it all together, recycling all the junk mail themselves, and delivering it to me.

I miss all that junk mail!

 

I miss all of my stuff.

Living in a motorhome means that we had to downsize. We had to get rid of a lot of our stuff, and I really regret getting rid of all my junk!

I mean, perhaps we could tow something behind our RV that is full of junk that we can collect over years on the road, but I would much rather have my basement full of useless stuff back.

Things I miss:

  • All of my shoes.
  • Clothing that hasn't been in style in decades.
  • All the trash that I stored for some reason.

And more!

Okay, clearly I'm joking. I know it's a few days late, but Happy April Fools!

P.S. I’m sorry to anyone who took offense to this blog post. Trust me, there are positives and negatives to any type of home, but I love living in a motorhome the most! I just thought creating this blog post would be entertaining since many people think I'm crazy for wanting to live in an RV.

I LOVE living in a motorhome 🙂

Here are 11 Reasons to Choose RV Life.

The post I’m Tired Of Living In A Motorhome! appeared first on Making Sense Of Cents.



from Making Sense Of Cents


via Finance Xpress

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images